What is buy reductil (Meridia)?
buy reductil (Meridia) is an oral prescription medication used for the medical management of obesity, including weight loss and the maintenance of weight loss. buy reductil (Meridia) can only be prescribed by a medical doctor.
buy reductil (Meridia) comes in three different strength capsules (5 mg, 10 mg, and 15 mg). The recommended initial starting dose of buy reductil (Meridia) is one 10 mg capsule per day. Your doctor will determine the starting dose that is best for you.
How does buy reductil (Meridia) work?
buy reductil (Meridia) works by affecting appetite control centers in the brain.
In medical studies in overweight people, buy reductil (Meridia), along with a reduced calorie diet, produced significant reductions in body weight.
buy reductil (Meridia) should be used as part of a comprehensive weight loss program supervised by your doctor, that includes a reduced calorie diet and appropriate physical activity.
How long does it take for buy reductil (Meridia) to work?
Every person will respond differently to buy reductil (Meridia) when used as part of a comprehensive weight loss program. You may be able to lose 4 or more pounds of body weight in the first month you take buy reductil (Meridia). If you find that you do not lose at least 4 pounds during the first month, you should notify your doctor so he or she can re-evaluate your situation. Your doctor may wish to change your dose of buy reductil (Meridia).
Most people who lose weight on buy reductil (Meridia) lose it in the first 6 months of treatment. Scientific studies that lasted one year have shown that many people who lost weight and remained on buy reductil (Meridia) therapy maintained their weight loss.
Who should take buy reductil (Meridia)?
A weight loss program that includes a reduced calorie diet and appropriate physical activity may be adequate in some patients. You should discuss with your doctor whether buy reductil (Meridia) should be added to such a program.
buy reductil (Meridia) is recommended for overweight people with an initial body mass index (BMI) of 30 or higher, or for overweight people with a BMI of 27 or higher if they have medical risk factors such as high blood pressure, diabetes, or high cholesterol. Your doctor can determine your BMI and will decide if you meet these criteria.
How and when should I take buy reductil (Meridia)?
Follow your doctor's instructions on how and when to take buy reductil (Meridia).
Your doctor will recommend that you take one (1) buy reductil (Meridia) capsule a day.
You can take buy reductil (Meridia) on an empty stomach or after a meal.
What if I miss a dose?
If you forget to take a dose of buy reductil (Meridia), do not take an extra capsule to "make up" for the dose you forgot.
How long should I take buy reductil (Meridia)?
Your doctor will determine how long you should take buy reductil (Meridia). Follow your doctor's advice. The safety and effectiveness of buy reductil (Meridia) have not been determined beyond one (1) year at this time.
Who should not take buy reductil (Meridia)?
buy reductil (Meridia) should not be taken by people who:
1. HAVE UNCONTROLLED OR POORLY CONTROLLED HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE BECAUSE buy reductil (Meridia) SUBSTANTIALLY INCREASES BLOOD PRESSURE IN SOME PATIENTS.
2. Are taking prescription medicines called monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) for depression, Parkinson's disease, or any other disorder (for example: Eldepryl®, Parnate®, Nardil®).
3. Are taking other weight loss medications that act on the brain (for example: phentermine). This includes prescription and over-the-counter medications and herbal products.
4. Have had prior allergic reactions to buy reductil (Meridia) or sibutramine.
5. Have a diagnosis of coronary artery disease and/or who have angina pectoris (heart-related chest pain).
6. Have arrhythmias (irregular heart beats).
7. Have had a prior heart attack.
8. Have a diagnosis of congestive heart failure.
9. Have severe liver or kidney disease.
10. Have had a stroke or symptoms of a stroke (transient ischemic attacks [TIAs]).
11. Are pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
12. Are breast-feeding their infants.
13. Are suffering from anorexia nervosa.
14. Are taking prescription medications for depression.
15. Have had seizures (epilepsy or convulsions).
16. Have an eye disorder called narrow angle glaucoma.
17. Are under 16 years of age.
18. Are taking other medications that regulate the neurotransmitter serotonin in the brain (for example: Prozac®, Zoloft®, Effexor®, Luvox®, or Paxil®).
IMPORTANT: It is very important that you make sure that your primary care doctor
and all your other health care providers know what medications you take and
what medical conditions and allergies you have.